Sify created an interactive iPad App on virtual 7FA Gas Turbine (GT), compatible with Apple iPad2 and iPad3. This App can be viewed on all the versions of iPads and scalable to other mobile platforms and handheld devices as well.
This interactive App allows the user to view and explore the components and workings of a 7FA gas turbine.
About the Customer
The client is a global fortune 500 listed company. They are into various businesses that include energy services, capital, infrastructure, healthcare, finance, and media. They have been continuously shaping the world with groundbreaking innovations for over 130 years.
Client requirement was to develop a mobile application (App) that would supplement the existing training programs such as the features, sections and sub-sections of a 7FA Gas Turbine (GT).
The Client wanted to reinforce learning to the employees, stakeholders, and shop floor employees who w involved in the design and development of a 7FA GT.
Sify proposed and designed an interactive 3D iPad application by leveraging its expertise in Learning technologies, 3D optimization techniques and instructional design strategies. Real-life scenarios were used to engage the learner effectively.
The main menu had an innovative interface with a 3D model of a 7FA GT, which is rotatable and clickable. This allows the learners to select the 6 identified sections of the 7FA GT. Selecting each section opens the respective section with different modes of 3D functionalities. The main interface of the App has three panels for user interactivity. The learner can rotate, zoom-in, zoom-out, and view the selected section. The learner can view thedisassembly/assembly process of the selected section.
- Different 3D functionalities to emphasize key points and retain learner interest. Different modes were provided to engage the learners
- Smart 3D modeling as compared with a physical model. Key areas and concepts of 7FA GT, the content of the 3D App is organized with focus on micro detailing of GT
- Optimized interactive 3D animations without loss of quality. Despite having a large chunk of 3D animations and visuals, its quality remains “just-right” for training purposes
- This App was designed in a way to prevent the learners from spending too much time in going through it
- This App can be hosted on the AppStore Server and be accessed by downloading and installing it on various handheld devices, such as iPads, irrespective of their versions across the world
- Customer saved $ 2,400,000 by implementing this mode of training
- It facilitated the trainers to demonstrate, assemble/disassemble of the turbine and teach learners accordingly
- For Employees, it provided just-in-time information about the different parts of a GT. This ultimately helped them to perform their job better
- It also helped the learners to access the information anywhere, anytime